This one was made with a lightweight upholstery fabric that will have much more durability than quilting cottons. It's more of an all season bag than it is something specifically for the winter months. I'll work on a real winter bag in a couple of months.
I wish I had a pattern for you, but I'm still trying to figure out how to write a pattern for something with this much complexity. If you've used any of my patterns you know that I don't want there to be any confusion about any part of the construction. A purse pattern written that way could cover up to 30 pages. I've been studying other patterns to see if there isn't some kind of middle ground between too vague and absolute overkill.
But on with the sequence of purse making.
This has been such a crazy week! I feel like I'm getting nowhere until I look back. In actuality quite a bit was accomplished.
Other stuff to do. No purse work.
I cut out the sections, stitched the seam at the bottom of the bag and made the casing for the plastic canvas insert that gives it a firm base.
I only made the straps for the bag.
Day 1 of a two day marathon of purse making. Pockets were made and attached, straps were stitched in place, and the body of the bag was done by bedtime.
|I did insert the pocket flaps into a seam this time and that worked so much better!|
|There is one large pocket on the back.|
Then the lining.
And the rest was easy, lickity split.
I had the entire purse competed by 3:00! Feeling good!
|Three open pockets in the lining.|
|One 9" zippered pocket .|
Tomorrow, I'll take some time off from sewing, but I'll think about which idea to work on next.
Holidays are coming!