Tuesday, December 22, 2015

A Pinterest Cookie Fail

I'm almost ready for Christmas. Not quite, but almost.

I don't do a lot of decorating anymore since the children are only here for one day, but the tree is up. Nothing is underneath it yet, although all five fleece robes are ready to wrap. I'll show photos after Christmas.

What a dark photo! My little phone did its best, but the day is dark and dreary, and the tree is against the window.

My baking is finished, too. The snowballs, orange walnut cookies with yummy orange buttercream, gingerbread, and fudge were ready in plenty of time for Friday night's cookie exchange. This weekend the sugar cookies were the only ones left.

I was exhausted from all the baking and sewing, and I wanted something simple for this very last batch. Something that didn't require rolling out dough and cutting lots of shapes. Something that I could do with only one color of frosting.

I found these on Pinterest. I love these pretty snowflakes in delicate ice blue and white! They look easy enough, too.




I knew the design would be just fine on a circle, and I could accomplish that quickly by rolling the dough into a log and making refrigerator cookies from my recipe. So that's what I did. The shiny icing and the gel food coloring were new to me, so I added just a little of food coloring. Only a drop of two.


Whoa! 




Too much food coloring, maybe? Too large a decorator tip, perhaps?

Oh, well. They taste just fine, and don't stand out quite so much when mixed in with other things on the gift plates. They make me laugh, too. Maybe I'll try again next year.



Next up, Christmas spaghetti!!


Merry Christmas!!



No comments:

Post a Comment