About fifteen years ago I made this little wall hanging for my classroom. It was one of my early attempts in working with fusible web applique. When I retired from teaching I gave the quilt to a teammate. It's getting awfully faded, but Shelley still has it hanging in her room.
As you can see, I hadn't yet discovered free motion quilting, a blanket stitch, or the idea of using walking foot for quilting. The design is flawed as well, but we all have to start somewhere.
I've decided to make two school quilts this year. One will be for the youngest set, and one will be more fitting for for the upper grades.
This first little wall hanging is almost finished. It would be cute in a classroom, but it would also be sweet for a child's room. I'll finish the binding tonight, and I hope to have the pattern out early next week.
The second quilt will be quite different. The symbols and colors that are perfect for the littles just don't work with older children. The fabrics are chosen, but the overall plan is still in the design stage. One step at a time.
Fall and Winter sewing will just have to wait.
Wishing you a great week!