Monday, April 21, 2014

Made it on Friday

Friday was one of those days when everything went perfectly. I woke up to beautiful sunshine and an idea. I've been wanting to make happy faces for some time, now, but this was the morning when it dawned on me that those faces should be on flowers.

 Playtime!



Right after breakfast I trotted down to my new sewing room and began sketching. Three flowers, not perfectly centered, but balanced. Three different smiles. Zip, zip. The applique pieces were cut out and ready to press onto the background by lunchtime!

I think I gobbled lunch. I couldn't wait to get back to the mug rug. I embroidered the faces, ironed everything in place and by dinner the applique stitching was finished.

What to name it? My hubby and I tossed around names - Sunshine, Happy Days, Smile. "It's only Friday," he said. "What's the rush?"

Only Friday. Thank goodness! "TGIF"! A name!!


And Done!!


2 comments:

  1. What an adorable, happy little mat. Can't wait to make it :)

    ReplyDelete