Friday, October 2, 2015

Finishing up a Project and Enjoying a Gorgeous Day

It's a stunning day! The temperature is perfectly autumn, the sky is bright blue and the trees are just beginning to change their color.

No matter how hard I'm trying to finish up my stained glass quilt, I simply couldn't stay indoors all day. I took a bit of time off from hemming and decorated my little front porch seating area for October - nothing fancy, just a few pumpkins to add a bit of color. 


I put the summer chairs away and brought these up from the back patio. Every time I passed by the big walnut tree this little squirrel took time out from his nibbling to scold me. I think he was warning me away from his walnuts. Can you see him hidden there in the shadows?


I didn't do any baking or make any more soup this week, but I did cook up that 20 pound box of tomatoes to freeze. I now have 12 pints of yummy cooking tomatoes in my freezer. I'm tempted to buy another box this Sunday, because I can go through it awfully fast. 

My big turkey roaster was absolutely full! 
If I'm ever going to get this pattern finished, I need to get back to my hem stitching! 
Not far to go now. 
Not far at all to go. 
:)




And then, my grandson dropped by for dinner! 
What a perfect day!

Wishing you a glorious October!!



No comments:

Post a Comment