Sunday, May 21, 2017

"F" is for Fish


The pattern on Craftsy. 
Last week it was "G" is for Giraffe, and this week "F" is for Fish. What am I doing with the sudden onslaught of alphabet mug rugs? I have no clue how this all came about, and I don't know if this is the end or just the beginning of something altogether new.

I knew that I would surprise myself with the next project, and I surely did. I had no intention of making a mug rug with whimsical, imaginary fish, but it rained and rained last week. Everything was drenched, as water was poured off the roof, the trees, the plants, and everything else. It must have been all the water that filled my head with visions of fish.

It took more than two weeks of constant struggle to design the giraffe, but this one was sketched in just over an hour.  It's such an easy pattern that I stitched it together the same afternoon. The fabrics came entirely from my stash, too, so I didn't even have to go out in the rain to get supplies. So much fun!


Bubbles are insubstantial, so I simple outlined bubble shapes with white thread and my handy dandy, favorite machine blanket stitch. My stash of 1/4" buttons was raided for eyes, and I quilted a wavy pattern to give the water a sense movement.

My pattern is finished and, today, the sun came out! The sky is bright and blue, flowers are perking up, and, my goodness, but those birds are singing! It's definitely May.

I'm going to go for a walk in the sunshine, now. I can work on other things later.

Wishing you a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment