There were so many missteps along the journey to finding the right design for this mug rug. I made a short list of some things that I need to keep in mind.
- I have the greatest success when I stick to designs that are lighthearted and fun. When I try to expand into something more artistic, I often run into trouble.
- Working too hard on an idea often backfires.
- It often takes several attempts to get things right.
- When I'm stuck, I need to take breaks and do things that are entirely different. Eventually ideas gel, but only when I'm relaxed and not overthinking the design.
- Fabric choices are everything! Fabrics that look perfect laid out on the cutting board may not look good at all when sewn together.
- Trial and error is part of the process.
I'm trying to plan ahead, but I'm not getting very far. In the meantime, I do have some short term project plans, so that's a start.
- If the world will slow down, I'll make the last block pattern for Sara's quilt.
- I'm waiting for Sara to find time to come over and help me choose a border plan for her quilt.
- I still want an old-fashioned schoolhouse quilt, but I'm planning to use more modern fabrics.
Tomorrow is Mother's Day!
I wish you were here, Mom. Miss you!
Wishing you all a wonderful day.