Wednesday, February 8, 2017

A Mug Rug for St. Patrick's Day

Sara's quilt is coming along nicely, so I decided to take a break and work on a small project.


 
It's been ages since I made a new mug rug pattern. I had an idea for a St. Patrick's Day design, and the timing couldn't have been better. I named it, "I'm Irish". I'm not the least little bit Irish, but like so many others, I wear something green on this one day each year and declare myself Irish for the day.


I really like the background of two fabrics. The white blossoms stand out against the green print, and the green of the shamrocks and the letters really pop on the white. Flat buttons for the centers of the blossom would be fine, but I like the way that the three sequins on each blossom add sparkle and a festive air.

 I hope you find your very own special rainbow this year.









2 comments:

  1. That's very cute. Will it be available in your shop? My very good friend is married to an Irishman and I'd love to make it for them. LOL I have so many of your mug rug patterns and I need to add this one. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemary. I'm giving the original to a friend who is so proud of her Irish heritage. I'm glad you like it. This is the link to the pattern: https://www.craftsy.com/quilting/patterns/i-m-irish-mug-rug/479183

    ReplyDelete